My August Rush, my CASA , my Cello and my Silent Conservatory




Do you know why I can't get over the film, August Rush?

Please look for this beautiful film about re-searching and re-discovering where one's talents come from, then you'd understand my longing for the music.

I have a thing for the Cello and the dresses and the noise and it made me realize, hell yeah, I want to be a cellist!
Then I remember, why seek for Julliard when here in Pilipinas, in San Antonio, Zambales, the kids and I have long ago found a Sanctuary for the Arts. A little CCP perhaps and more than a family lot. It's called CASA SAN MIGUEL. CASA which means "home" and stands for " Creative Alternatives for Social Action ".

CASA was established on 1993. Indeed, it lives to its three pillars-Enlightenment, Empowerment, Excellence since the Mt.Pinatubo eruption. And since 1996, it was intended for scholarships at the Philippine High School for the Arts (where I found good friends and I pray my son would do too)and leading conservatories locally. CASA also aimed for the music institution at Germany and the United States, and to continue careers as teachers and professional musicians in our major orchestras and cultural institutions.

They give workshop programs especially to Zambales talents. My children can be considered because aside from the talent,err,Coke is my Mum's cousin-that's blood relation. That's music in the blood! But that's not an excuse. Must we search for it really? Not until recently. I guess that's a family lesson- just you wait for the exiled bloodline as it will soon discover and return. (Interjecting the upcoming Magsaysay Reunion) Oops,spoiler!

My roots are from San Marcelino but Pundaquit and my husband hails from San Antonio that's why we spend summers at their safer side. When in the CASA, we just silently listen and watch the performances. I once was just aiming for my kids to join the violin or the Arts workshop but it never happened. Maybe because it's not yet for those little fingers after all. It's not yet time. Nah, I've realized it's not them to be pushed by Nanay, Tatay or my in-laws. Maybe it is me who wanted to play all along. But hey, one good news, they also give a Parent-child violin and cello training. And guess what, they have workshops here in Manila at Miriam College (formely Maryknoll)

At last, I can selfishly admit, It was ME. I want to be a cellist- this is one of the many things I would like to become before I die..

But you see, the Classics and Conservatory belongs to Uncle Coke's. This Piano Guys group,I like...

Be a Piano Guys Founder!

Groove with them as they are doing Adele's - Rolling in the Deep....



Yes, I will be SILENT for a while as I relaunch my passion, but my photos and music will always SPEAK for me.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Archive

 

Momma & Sons.