Actuations


I have been finding my passion. And one of these favorite things is writing. Higher than this Internet CLOUD, I started capturing the Sunset, Luna and what lies in the streets with Myphone camera but then after drowning to this rock bottom, I found the Grand Canon! No where to go but up,up and away !

But just this week, my husband asked me why am I wasting my camera's shutter life. We finally had a dialogue in which he advised me to conserve my camera's and my energy and actuation. Then, I thought he is telling me some good viewpoints for life- Actuation,huh. Actuation, what?

from http://www.thefreedictionary.com
ac·tu·ate (kch-t)
tr.v. ac·tu·at·ed, ac·tu·at·ing, ac·tu·ates
1. To put into motion or action; activate: electrical relays that actuate the elevator's movements.
2. To move to action: a speech that actuated dissent.



For me, actuation is counting performance through detailed simple prolific ways! Getting vague!

Okay, hear this. We Hu-(wo)-man have our arms, hands, fingers, legs as actuators. Our body is close to its mileage being signaled by our moving parts. If my Left knee's Meniscal tear worsens, then I may have reached say, my 34kth actuation.

But going back to my camera, one should be fully aware of how long my shutter will last, This can be done by finding out the current shutter actuations or shutter count of my camera. It is the count on how many photos I have taken. This is the shutter life expectancy of my camera. Sometimes, it is a secret. It is hard to know how and how to find it out. Some camera manufacturers may not even give me the details. but I hope this too will change to openness and truth. Try to search online like that from Olegkikin.com or always Goggle it up!

I am spoiling it but hey, FYI...
For Canon,it does not store the shutter actuation in the EXIF data. So, to check your shutter count is through its EOS Info by AstroJargon.It gives more info than just the shutter counter, like the serial number, the camera model, the firmware version and the the owner or the date of results.. EOSInfo known as 40DShutterCount utility is an old edition but don't you worry, this program works with DIGIC III/IV DSLRs. Try if it works for the 500d. Oh, and it this is not for Macs, but for Pc's only...

For the other camera models like Nikon and Pentax, Olympus, Sony Cameras
- try and try until you and I re-discover you and your Camera’s Current Shutter Actuations!

Click! click the camera!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Archive

 

Momma & Sons.