Myra’s Tortas of Cebu


One night, I was lucky enough to have a conversation with a dear Uncle and we were wondering whatever happened to our bloodline in Cebu. He shared his story about a doctor he met during his Heart Center check up. I knew we had relatives in Cebu because as far as I can remember,when I had to fly to Cebu then ride NN Ferry to finish my thesis about Bohol's Sustainable Community-based Tourism , Mama and Lola learned that I'd pass Cebu, so they reminded me to mention "Atty. Mauro's" name and Cebuanos would know where I could stay. But I did not do so, because after all, I would not stay in Cebu nga-I had to go research in Tagbilaran,Bohol.

Yesterday, with the sudden 45-minute downpour in Manila, I was supposed to be walking inside the walls of Intramuros and enjoy The Manila Ocean Park, but opted to go malling . I was stuck in La Loma and just had a rolling tour of factories, cemeteries and Mila's, PingPing and a whole lotta Mila's Lechon. So I began to wonder, who's the real Mila's here? . Isn't Mila a great name,huh! I then had the sudden craving and started comparing Mila's and ZUBUCHON (Cebu's lechon). But about Cebu and its gastronomy, I'm missing them Cebu tarts!

My taste buds and my hunger was ignited just waiting ang BEing in that floody traffic jam. To keep me entertained, I started searching the Internet cloud for the weather updates and alternative tour in QC. And so, with wi-fi tech the answer flashed ! I even saw my Auntie's post re Myra's Tarts. Social Media Power! Hence, I found my tart and my Cebu BLOODline while the great SUN appeared and the waters subsided. Yeah,SUN!

Meet my SUNny side- my Auntie Myra and...



I discovered Auntie Myra and this part of her through http://www.marketmanila.com/archives/myras-torta...

So, here's an open letter....

Dear Tita Myra,

While I'm sending you CYBER HUGs, please send me those real tarts...

I hope to see you this Mayo!

Love FOUND,
Joy

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

 

Momma & Sons.