ASIAN FILM FESTIVAL AT SHANG CINEPLEX!



I am in LOVE with International Film Festivals. My love for it started when I used to sleep over at UPFI. Now as an alumna, I mark my calendar and always make sure that I can go back to UPFI to watch Film Fests.

Oh, by the way, there is a "pattern" for this. A festival starts somewhere in Makati or Mandaluyong then last tour will be at Diliman-my Mecca!. That is why I have never missed a festival. It comes to me closer from home.Although I have always been grateful to Shang Cineplex in Shaw. Another strategy is, fall in line 2 or an hour before the schedule even if it abruptly changes based on whatever reasons they never disclosed! But I know why, since I used to be an organizer for Direk T.Aguiluz' Cinemanila!

I was aware of the Asian Film Festival, organized by Asia Society Philippine Foundation Inc., which started this May 17 till today. I intended not to go TONIGHT because of another event but , let's see how I can manage my Monday! The first time films from other parts of Asia are Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka, together with local faves Korea and Japan.

Dinig Sana Kita is our country's entry and a big opener this 17th. This is a DRAMA drama and a one-of-a-kind LOVE STORY between a deaf boy and a troubled rocker girl. AHEM!

Another entry is Halaw. It is a narrative adventure of an illiterate Badjao and his daughter as they illegally cross the border of Malaysia and Philippines.


Days have passed but hey, here is the schedule of the free screenings of all these films at the Shang Cineplex in Shangri-La Plaza, Mandaluyong, from May 17 to 21, 2012 as;

May 17 Thursday

Philippines: Dinig Sana Kita (8PM)
Running time: 88 minutes

May 18 Friday

Indonesia: 3 DOA 3 CINTA (12:30PM)
Running time: 114 minutes)

Vietnam: The Guava House (3PM)
Running time: 100 minutes

Laos: Only Love (5:30PM)
Running time: 125 minutes

China: Forever Enthralled (8PM)
Running time: 138 minutes

May 19 Saturday

Sri Lanka: Agni Dahaya (12:30PM)
Running time: 119 minutes

Indonesia: Laskar Pelangi (3PM)
Running time: 125 minutes

Japan: Wanko - The Story of Me, My Family, and My Dog (5:30PM)
Running time: 123 minutes

Korea: Hwang Jin Yi (8PM)
Running time: 141 minutes

May 20 Sunday

Vietnam: Nostalgia for Countryland (12:30PM)
Running time: 116 minutes

Japan: Eclair (3PM)
Running time: 107 minutes

Korea: Speedy Scandal (5:30PM)
Running time: 108 minutes

China: The Founding of a Republic (8PM)
Running time: 140 minutes

so for TODAY, May 21 Monday, they say RELAX and watch a movie. Not for me, I'd RUN to SHANG from Manila for aone GREAT Badjao story... (If only I could go back biking . grrrr!)

China: Glittering Day (12:30PM)
Running time: 95 minutes

Sri Lanka: Deewari (3PM)
Running time: 124 minutes

Indonesia: Jakarta Maghrib (5:30PM)
Running time: 72 minutes

Philippines: Halaw (8PM)
Running time: 75 minutes


Tara!

Kita kits!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

 

Momma & Sons.